The top 50 entries will be selected by a panel of judges composed of international experts in the field of fitness and dance sports. Judging will be based on form and style, vigor and energy, and creativity and originality.
The selected entries will advance to the third qualifying round and will receive a cash prize of Php 1,000 each.
“More than the positive health benefits of exercise, Zumbarangay Pilipinas challenge can also be a simple start for Filipinas to be confident on their strength, their ability to move and hold presence, and eventually try out sports too,” said PSC Women in Sports oversight Commissioner Celia H. Kiram.
Last April, the PSC launched the nationwide Zumbarangay campaign with one of its goals to provide opportunity for all the women and girls to have an active lifestyle during the community quarantine period.
The sports agency also released its first-ever official dance exercise music entitled “Igalaw-galaw ating Katawan,” to encourage everyone to rise and shape up for healthy well-being.
The country-wide exercise campaign received entries to its four categories that include Women Frontliner, Women Open, LGBTQ category, and kids and young category.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month