PNP chief, Gen. Guillermo Eleazar, said the suspension of the PTCFOR is in effect from midnight of September 30 until 7 a.m. on October 9.
“This is to ensure that the filing of COCs from October 1 to October 8 will be free from firearms-related incidents and to ensure the safety of the populace. Only members of the PNP, AFP (Armed Forces of the Philippines) and other Law Enforcement Agencies who are performing official duties and agency prescribed uniforms will be allowed to carry firearms,” he said in a statement.
The measure was based on the PNP memorandum circular setting the Guidelines and Procedures in Securing the Conduct of the 2022 National and Local Elections and a letter request from the Commission on Elections (Comelec).
Eleazar said the restriction will be reinforced by aggressive conduct of police operations against loose firearms and members of partisan armed groups capable of carrying out violence due to intense political rivalry.
Meanwhile, Eleazar has tasked all concerned police units to ensure the deployment of a sufficient number of police officers in areas where the filing of COCs will take place so they can guarantee the safety of everyone and enforce the minimum public health standards.
The filing of COCs for president, vice president, senator, and partylist representative, will be held at the Sofitel Garden Tent in Pasay City while the filing for local positions will take place at local Comelec offices in the different cities and municipalities.
Eleazar reminded police officers who will be deployed to ensure that the guidelines released by the Comelec regarding the filing of COCs are strictly followed.
On Thursday, Comelec chairperson Sheriff Abas said aspirants for national positions in next year’s elections are only allowed to have three companions when filing their COC.
He also reminded that those who will be allowed at the Sofitel Garden Tent must present a negative result of antigen test or reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test, which was taken within 24 hours. (PNA)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success