THE recent pre-election survey conducted by Pulse Asia for probable presidential candidates showed the desire of people for a better leadership, said the spokesperson of Mayor Sara Duterte, Liloan Mayor Christina Garcia-Frasco.
The Pulse Asia poll was conducted from Sept. 6 to 11, showing 20 percent of 2,400 adult Filipinos have expressed support for Sara’s potential presidential bid.
The Presidential daughter earned the highest support from respondents in Mindanao (47 percent), followed by the Visayas (23 percent), Metro Manila (12 percent), and Balance Luzon (8 percent).
She also got a high voter preference in Classes ABC (16 percent), D (20 percent), and E (25 percent).
In a statement, Duterte’s spokesperson Mayor Garcia-Frasco, said the result of the survey, “reflects the people’s desire for stable leadership for these uncertain times,” and that the people’s perception of Sara is a leader who puts the people’s needs first above anything else.
“The people see in Mayor Sara the President that we need and the President that we can trust,” she added.
This developed as a new political party, which got its accreditation from the Commission on Elections on September 27, formally endorsed Duterte as their candidate for President even when she had made a statement that she would only seek reelection.
The Partido Pilipino sa Pagbabago, spearheaded by businessman Leonardo Fernandez, nominated Duterte as it vowed to continue calling for her to eventually join the presidential race.
In a blended national directorate conference on September 28, Fernandez said Duterte has all the qualities of a leader and can push for the continued implementation of the programs of the administration of her father, President Rodrigo Duterte.
Duterte, also through Garcia-Frasco, said she will only seek reelection and not bid for a presidential position after her father was nominated by the Partido Demokratikong Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan as the party’s contender for vice president..
Duterte came up with the statement saying that there is a family agreement that only one of them will run for a national position.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success