THE Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) is set to conduct a pre-recording of traditional sports and games of Indigenous Peoples (IPs) slated from October 8-12, 2021 in Sarangani Province.
The project is in line with the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines (QCP), which will feature eight traditional sports and games that include blowdart, Kmisong (fire-making drill), Skuyah (track and field), javelin throw, pana, among others.
Also part of the program is to highlight one traditional dance that is common among the Tagakaulo, T’boli, and B’laan Indigenous Cultural Communities (ICCs) to be held at the Municipality of Malungon.
“The activity aims to promote the traditional sports and games of the Sarangani IPs through a pre-recorded mini-documentary,” said PSC Commissioner Charles Raymond A. Maxey, oversight for the Indigenous Peoples Games program.
Maxey also shared that the agency already secured permission from the Sarangani Provincial Tribal Council (PTC) to proceed with the documentation of the traditional sports and games.
“We will observe the health and safety protocols implemented by the Provincial Government of Sarangani and Municipality of Malungon,” said Maxey, adding that the video output will be streamed live on PTV4 and the National Quincentennial Committee (NQC) Facebook pages.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled