THE Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) is set to conduct a pre-recording of traditional sports and games of Indigenous Peoples (IPs) slated from October 8-12, 2021 in Sarangani Province.
The project is in line with the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines (QCP), which will feature eight traditional sports and games that include blowdart, Kmisong (fire-making drill), Skuyah (track and field), javelin throw, pana, among others.
Also part of the program is to highlight one traditional dance that is common among the Tagakaulo, T’boli, and B’laan Indigenous Cultural Communities (ICCs) to be held at the Municipality of Malungon.
“The activity aims to promote the traditional sports and games of the Sarangani IPs through a pre-recorded mini-documentary,” said PSC Commissioner Charles Raymond A. Maxey, oversight for the Indigenous Peoples Games program.
Maxey also shared that the agency already secured permission from the Sarangani Provincial Tribal Council (PTC) to proceed with the documentation of the traditional sports and games.
“We will observe the health and safety protocols implemented by the Provincial Government of Sarangani and Municipality of Malungon,” said Maxey, adding that the video output will be streamed live on PTV4 and the National Quincentennial Committee (NQC) Facebook pages.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success