THE Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) is set to conduct a pre-recording of traditional sports and games of Indigenous Peoples (IPs) slated from October 8-12, 2021 in Sarangani Province.
The project is in line with the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines (QCP), which will feature eight traditional sports and games that include blowdart, Kmisong (fire-making drill), Skuyah (track and field), javelin throw, pana, among others.
Also part of the program is to highlight one traditional dance that is common among the Tagakaulo, T’boli, and B’laan Indigenous Cultural Communities (ICCs) to be held at the Municipality of Malungon.
“The activity aims to promote the traditional sports and games of the Sarangani IPs through a pre-recorded mini-documentary,” said PSC Commissioner Charles Raymond A. Maxey, oversight for the Indigenous Peoples Games program.
Maxey also shared that the agency already secured permission from the Sarangani Provincial Tribal Council (PTC) to proceed with the documentation of the traditional sports and games.
“We will observe the health and safety protocols implemented by the Provincial Government of Sarangani and Municipality of Malungon,” said Maxey, adding that the video output will be streamed live on PTV4 and the National Quincentennial Committee (NQC) Facebook pages.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB