Sen. Joel Villanueva who led the Senate Committee on Finance hearing recognized the PSC for discovering champions and sports heroes at a time when the country needed hope and inspiration.
Senate Committee on Sports Chair Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, in his manifestation, said that the budgetary support he pioneered, and the senators supported had borne fruit with the success of the Philippine delegation in the Olympics. “Investing in sports will not only allow our country to develop more world-class athletes who can bring pride, honor, and medals to our country, but will also help us in keeping our youth away from illegal drugs and other harmful vices,” he said.
Aside from Senator Go, Majority Leader Sen. Miguel Zubiri, Sen. Pia Cayetano, and Sen. Francis Tolentino proposed to approve the budget for plenary presentation “with reservations to increase the budget of PSC as requested to ensure that the momentum for next year international competition will not be prejudiced or compromised.”
The PSC is thankful to members of the Senate for their support and call to increase the agency’s allocation for 2022.
PSC Chairman William “Butch” Ramirez expressed his gratitude to the senators for their recognition of the vital role the PSC has played in achieving the country’s historical triumph at the Tokyo 2020+1 Olympics.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls