Sen. Joel Villanueva who led the Senate Committee on Finance hearing recognized the PSC for discovering champions and sports heroes at a time when the country needed hope and inspiration.
Senate Committee on Sports Chair Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, in his manifestation, said that the budgetary support he pioneered, and the senators supported had borne fruit with the success of the Philippine delegation in the Olympics. “Investing in sports will not only allow our country to develop more world-class athletes who can bring pride, honor, and medals to our country, but will also help us in keeping our youth away from illegal drugs and other harmful vices,” he said.
Aside from Senator Go, Majority Leader Sen. Miguel Zubiri, Sen. Pia Cayetano, and Sen. Francis Tolentino proposed to approve the budget for plenary presentation “with reservations to increase the budget of PSC as requested to ensure that the momentum for next year international competition will not be prejudiced or compromised.”
The PSC is thankful to members of the Senate for their support and call to increase the agency’s allocation for 2022.
PSC Chairman William “Butch” Ramirez expressed his gratitude to the senators for their recognition of the vital role the PSC has played in achieving the country’s historical triumph at the Tokyo 2020+1 Olympics.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success