A GROUP supporting the call for Mayor Sara Duterte to run for President has launched here and in Cebu a nine-day Novena starting yesterday until October 1, the first day of the filing of candidacy for the 2022 elections.
In an advisory posted on the mayor’s official Facebook page, the Sara for President Movement said the intention of the religious exercise is to pray for the safety of all frontliners and the peaceful filing of certificate of candidacy.
Also to be prayed for is “the discernment of Mayor Inday Sara Duterte and President Rodrigo Roa Duterte.”
The mayor earlier ignored the call for her to run for President after her father accepted the nomination for him to run for Vice President.
Groups calling for the mayor to run for the highest position, like the Hugpong Para Kay Sara, also urged her father not to run as the mayor said it was a family agreement that only one of them would run for a national position in the upcoming political exercise.
Organizers of the religious exercise also called on those who will join to wear green, the favorite color of the mayor.
In Cebu, the event will be held at the Sto. Niño and Simala churches with the last day being in Simala
This developed as the mayor also called on her supporters to help those who need as well as express their love for the country.
In a statement, Duterte also thanked the Ituloy ang Pagbabago Movement, which her party, the Hugpong ng Pagbabago, launched to encourage her to run for the highest position.
“Kahit nasaan man tayo sa mundo, kahit anong position man tayo manungkulan, magkaisa tayo sa pagtulong sa ating kapwa at sa pagmamahal sa ating Pilipinas,” said the mayor in a video.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success