THE CITY government has intensified the monitoring of six barangays due to their high number of COVID-19 cases.
Dr. Michelle Schlosser, spokesperson of the City COVID-19 Task Force, said that these barangays are Baganihan, Dacudao, Dalag, New Valencia, Tagakpan and Ubalde. She said 72 others are considered high risk.
Because of this, Schlosser said, these barangays are prioritized for vaccination program of the office of Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte and members of the council.
“They are targetting herd immunity ani nga barangays. We want to protect these barangays kay since high risk sila, sila tong ubay-ubay og Covid-19 cases so sila atoang paspasan bakunahan aron protektado sila,” she said.
Based on the data from Duterte’s office, as September 19, there were 38,172 individuals who got their first shots, while 1,029 got their second dose.
Schlosser added that the City Health Office (CHO) and the Barangay Health and Emergency Response Teams (BHERTs) intensify the monitoring of the villages.
“Always mi naga update sa atoang mga barangay to give them continuous education, advisories kung unsay mga buluhaton nila when they belong in the critical and high-risk barangays,” she said.
The official urged the residents to continue being vigilant and practice minimum public health standards.
She also urged them to get vaccinated as soon as possible so they could get protected from the effect of the virus.
“Magpakabana ta kay naa jud tay mga instances nga karon nga week walay cases, tapos pag abot sa couple of weeks tingala na lang nga nag saka na,” she said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success