MANILA – The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has green-lighted the coronation events of Miss Universe Philippines (MUP) 2021 in Bohol that will culminate with the crowning of winners on Sept. 30.
The IATF-EID, in a meeting held Thursday, approved the request of the MUP organization to hold the finals of the beauty pageant in Bohol, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a press statement issued on Friday.
“The IATF approved the request of the Miss Universe Philippines to hold its grand coronation event in Bohol from September 26 to October 1, 2021,” Roque, who concurrently serves as IATF-EID spokesperson, said.
In its official Facebook page, the MUP announced that Henann Resort Convention Center in Panglao, Cebu will serve as the venue for the coronation night.
The pageant night was originally set Sept. 25.
“We started the competition in Clark, Pampanga. Now, we’re flying to Bohol for the coronation! The Miss Universe is very happy to announce that the province of Bohol will be our host for the Miss Universe Philippines 2021 pageant,” the MUP post read.
Only 28 delegates will vie for the crown after two candidates withdrew due to health reasons.
The winner will succeed Rabiya Mateo of Iloilo and will represent the country in the global Miss Universe tilt in Israel in December. (PNA)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success