MAYOR Sara Duterte has confirmed she is taking an official medical leave next month.
In her radio program, the mayor said she has filed the leave before the Department of Interior and Local Government, although she has not provided more details.
She also filed the same leave last year which allowed her young brother, Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte as the acting mayor.
The filing of her scheduled medical leave this year will coincide with the filing of certificates of candidacies for both national and local elections in 2022, with the national elections taking place in the first week of next month.
Earlier her spokesperson, Mayor Christina Frasco of Liloan, Cebu confirmed that Duterte and her brother will only seek re-election after she announced that she is not running for a national post following the announcement that her father is running for Vice President.
Despite the confirmation that the mayor is just seeking reelection, groups calling for her to run for President have continued their campaign.
Last Friday, the mayor met with Senator Sherwin Gatchalian at the hotel owned by the latter, who is among those identified as making themselves available to become her running mate.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success