MAYOR Sara Duterte has confirmed she is taking an official medical leave next month.
In her radio program, the mayor said she has filed the leave before the Department of Interior and Local Government, although she has not provided more details.
She also filed the same leave last year which allowed her young brother, Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte as the acting mayor.
The filing of her scheduled medical leave this year will coincide with the filing of certificates of candidacies for both national and local elections in 2022, with the national elections taking place in the first week of next month.
Earlier her spokesperson, Mayor Christina Frasco of Liloan, Cebu confirmed that Duterte and her brother will only seek re-election after she announced that she is not running for a national post following the announcement that her father is running for Vice President.
Despite the confirmation that the mayor is just seeking reelection, groups calling for her to run for President have continued their campaign.
Last Friday, the mayor met with Senator Sherwin Gatchalian at the hotel owned by the latter, who is among those identified as making themselves available to become her running mate.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat