THE CITY government is set to expand its vaccination program by including the Almendras gym and other areas as possible sites.
Dr. Michelle Schlosser, spokesperson of the COVID-19 Task Force, said last week that a pilot testing activity was conducted at the gym on September 10 as the system is being improved for the implementation of the program.
She said the gym will soon be included in the online vaccination scheduler (https://profiles.safe-davao.com/) so that those who want to avail of the program at the site can do so.
She urged residents to look for slots for vaccination against COVID-19 to ensure that the city is able to provide shots to about 1.2 million before the end of the year.
Schlosser said those looking for vaccination slots can monitor the city government official Facebook page as it is there where it makes announcements on the vaccination program and other pieces of information.
Those who have found slots can use the online scheduler so that they can be served, she added.
On Saturday, the People’s Park became the vaccination for members of the informal economic sector and others who wanted to get inoculated.
This developed as the “Bakuna by the Sea” initiative of the city government and the Waterfront Insular Hotel has so far served about 25,000 workers.
The City Information Office urged those who want to avail of slots to pre-register through the https://forms.gle/gEUXonD6HwgrahvB8 and must bring their quick response codes and valid identification cards on the day of their schedules to get inoculated.
“The tourism sector is already done, this present rollout is for non-tourism, but still A4 and in courtesy of the Waterfront,” said Generose Tecson, head of the Davao City Tourism Operations Office.
On Friday, Mayor Sara Duterte visited the vaccination site and thanked Senator Sherwin Gatchalian and his family, which owns the hotel, for tthe Gatchalian family- the owners and operator of the Waterfront Insular Hotel, for their support to the initiative and other programs of the city government.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls