BDO Unibank has received reports that certain websites are offering its mobile apps for download. For its clients’ safety and security, the bank urges them to only download its apps—namely, BDO Digital Banking, BDO Pay, BDO Deals, BDO Securities Mobile App, BDO Checkout, BDO Merchant, and BDO Unibank SG—for free from official app store platforms:
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.pay.bdo.com.ph
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/ph/app/bdo-pay/id1381315990
- Huawei AppGallery: https://appgallery.cloud.huawei.com/ag/n/app/C103937877?locale=en_US&source=appshare&subsource=C103937877
Mobile apps downloaded from unofficial app stores and other websites may be outdated, preventing users from using the app’s complete features and full capacity. Worse, mobile apps from these sites may contain malicious software or malware.
Malware creeps into mobile devices to harvest saved confidential information, such as online banking username and password, debit or credit card information, and other personal data. Scammers, through this malware, use collected information to steal their victims’ identity, online bank account access, and money.
BDO reiterates the importance of downloading its mobile apps only from official app stores to avoid getting scammed. For those who are unable to download these apps, the bank encourages them to use the web versions instead for their online banking transactions.
Clients can report suspicious incidents to ReportPhish@bdo.com.ph or get in touch with the bank’s representatives by logging in Messenger and looking for BDO Customer Care with the blue verified checkmark from Facebook. Clients may also call its hotline at 8631-8000 or email at BDO at email@example.com.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon