TWO HIGH-RANKING leaders of the New People’s Army were arrested while four others surrendered to the soldiers of the 58th Infantry Battalion in Barangay Alagatan, Gingoog City on Sept. 16.
The military identified them as identified as Manuelito Satur alias Misong/Estong, secretary, and Merlyn Satur alias Maya, deputy secretary of North Central Mindanao Regional Committee (SRC-1, NCMRC).
An intel operation launched by the combined forces of the 58th Infantry Battalion and AFP intelligence unit led to the arrest of the two leaders.
Maj. Alex Mindalano, Eastern Mindanao Command spokesperson, said the troops also seized from their possession several high-powered firearms, such as an M4 rifle, M203 grenade launcher, a .45 .45 caliber pistol with magazine loaded with ammunition, and four 40mm grenades, among others.
Meanwhile, a series of offensives launched by the joint forces of the 23rd Infantry Battalion and Philippine National Police also forced four leaders of Guerilla Front 4A (GF4A), NCMRC to surrender.
They were identified as Khim Agad Mapoy alias Patrick, 27, the front secretary; Loreto Agad Mapoy alias Arvin, 34, commanding officer of Platoon Joker; Mary Chris Callanta alias Noem, 24, political guide of Squad Uno, Platoon Joker; and Rolando A Morata alias Pang, 52, political instructor. They surrendered on Sept. 15.
LtGen. Greg T. Almerol, EastMinCom commander, said that the NPA leaders decided to surrender after experiencing hunger and fatigue in several encounters with the troops.
“The successive neutralization of high-ranking CTG (communist terrorist group) leaders and members tilted the operational balance of the group that, with just one false move, could lead to their ultimate collapse in no time,” LtGen. Almerol said.
“As part of our mandated tasks as protector of the Filipino people, the EastMinCom will never stop going after peace spoilers until the communist terrorism ends that is why we are urging the remaining CTG members to come forward and lay down your arms,” Almerol stressed.
The EastMinCom commander added that its door is wide open for those who want to embrace a new life as he promised assistance through the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP).
“The populace, local government units, and law enforcement agencies are all working hard together to put an end to the decades-old communist terrorism in the country,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success