JAKARTA, Indonesia – An Indonesian court on Thursday ordered President Joko Widodo and Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to improve the hazardous air quality of the capital.
The court found seven top officials, including Joko and Anies, guilty of environmental negligence in a civil lawsuit filed in 2019 by 32 plaintiffs.
The court said that the government failed to inform the public about the risks of air pollution.
It ordered the President to set national air quality standards to protect citizens and the environment.
The court also ordered the Jakarta governor to ensure compliance with environmental laws. (Anadolu)
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat