JAKARTA, Indonesia – An Indonesian court on Thursday ordered President Joko Widodo and Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to improve the hazardous air quality of the capital.
The court found seven top officials, including Joko and Anies, guilty of environmental negligence in a civil lawsuit filed in 2019 by 32 plaintiffs.
The court said that the government failed to inform the public about the risks of air pollution.
It ordered the President to set national air quality standards to protect citizens and the environment.
The court also ordered the Jakarta governor to ensure compliance with environmental laws. (Anadolu)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success