THE MILITARY reported that 12 top ranking officials of the New People’s Army who surrendered were the ones who claimed that armed group’s ranks have been weakened.
Those who surrendered, who were all under the Southern Mindanao Regional Committee, wereJoy James A. Saguino, deputy secretary of Sub Regional Command 1; Christian B. Pastor, commanding officer of Guerrilla Front 33; Eddie S. Genelsa, vice commander Regional Operations Committee; Paulette M. Santos-Castillo, regional coordinator of Rural Missionaries of the Philippines; Daniel Louis S. Castillo, second political instructor of Guerrilla Front 55; Pedro B. Arnado, regional chairperson of Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas-Southern Mindanao Region; Kurt Russel O. Sosa, secretary of Guerrilla Front 3; Roberto O. Rosete Jr., former commander Pulang Bagani Battalion; Ivan Conan S. Cael, secretary SRC3; Noel M. Legazpi, 1st deputy secretary of Far South Mindanao Region; Arian Jane O. Ramos, secretary of Guerrilla Front 55; and, Rurelyn Bay-ao of Youth Bakwit.
During a press conference at Balunto Hall, Camp General Manuel T Yan Sr., Tuboran, Mawab, Davao De Oro on Tuesday, those who surrendered claimed that the rebel movement has been falling and that it has also taken advantage of the indigenous communities.
They added that they also wanted to take advantage of the offer for them to return to their families and earn livelihood through the government programs.
They added that their surrender does not end their cause of fighting for justice and equality.
Lt. General Greg Almerol, commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, said the military unit will continue running after the rebels.
“We are confident that the LGUs ((local government units) and government agencies will sustainably address the issues being exploited by the CTGs. I believe that the only way we can end local communist armed conflict is through our collective efforts and performing our mandates religiously,” Almerol said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success