THE vaccination express lane of the city government for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their relatives served about 3,700 during its operations at the Matina Town Square.
The lane, which operated middle of last month until September 2, was operated to address the clamor of OFWs who were required to get fully inoculated against COVID-19 before they could return to their jobs.
Mayor Sara Duterte ordered the opening of the vaccination express lane on August 1 which also served parents, children, spouses and siblings of OFWs. The activity was in partnership with the Public Employment and Service Office (PESO), Dr. Joy Villafuerte, Councilor 8Pamela Librado, Councilor Danny Dayanghirang, Senator Ronald Bato Dela Rosa, and Marino party list.
Based on the report of the City Information Office, one of the beneficiary of the lane, Lady Gorre, also thanked the city government for the program.
Gorre, who has been working in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for six years now, was among the first ones to avail of the program. She is set to have her second dose on September 15.
She said she came home in February.
She admitted she was among those hesitant to get inoculated as she was planning to get pregnant, but that she eventually gave in upon realizing the benefits of getting the shots against the virus.
“Naisip nako magpa-vaccine ko kay para man pod ni sa akong kaayohan, especially nga tigulang na akong parents para makalikay nalang pod sa COVID sa sakit, sa complications,” Gorre added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success