FORTY-FIVE men and women participated in the first Professional Boxing Commission Seminar held last Sept. 4 at the Al Khoory Executive Hotel in No. 4 Al Wasl, Dubai.
PBC Dubai Commissioner Almar Kelly Odiong opened the seminar while the closing remarks were made by promoter-manager-matchmaker Brico Santig of Highland Boxing Promotion.
The lecturers on a virtual seminar via Zoom were Leon Panoncillo from Thailand, lawyer Danrex Tapdasan from Manila, Edward Ligas and Dr. Rene Bonsubre both from Cebu.
Panoncillo talked about PBC Rules and Regulations while Tapdasan handled the Referee. Ligas discusses the Judges while Bonsubre talks about the Medical Doctor.
“To be a judge, you must see to it that there is a fair decision, fair and square decision. No hesitation and no bias. Do it by yourself,” said Santig.
The other officers of PBC Dubai are Daryl Ken Gamale as Vice-President, Marcelo Ayala as Executive Director and Sheila Ayala as Treasurer.
The members of the Board are Decelee Amor Asuncion, Jayson Parane, Roman Boiko, Dexter Te, Boujema Biba, Noe Ilalto, Ellery Ariate and Ranniel de Luna.
They will have the first boxing event on Sept. 12 at the La Perle in Al Habtoor.
It is dubbed as “Countdown to Middle East Crown” and presented by DJMC Events.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat