A COUPLE was arrested while more than P100,000 worth of shabu were seized by personnel of the Task Force Davao and Toril police in a checkpoint on Wednesday in Toril District.
Authorities identified them as Arman Paraiso Dumaop, 35, and her live-in partner Gwendolyn Sinolindong, 33, both residents of Mabini Street in Digos City.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, said the suspects were on board a white Transformer multicab when P112,000 worth of suspected shabu and unlicensed firearm were seized from them.
He said the suspects were supposed to enter Davao City from Digos City when busted.
The couple yielded two jumbo sachets of shabu weighing around eight grams worth P212,000 and a P200,000 cash, a Caliber .22 rifle and .45 caliber pistol.
Task Force Davao commander Col. Darren Comia lauded the collaboration of the AFP and PNP in conducting checkpoint operations as it consistently filtered unwelcome elements in the city.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art