A COUPLE was arrested while more than P100,000 worth of shabu were seized by personnel of the Task Force Davao and Toril police in a checkpoint on Wednesday in Toril District.
Authorities identified them as Arman Paraiso Dumaop, 35, and her live-in partner Gwendolyn Sinolindong, 33, both residents of Mabini Street in Digos City.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, said the suspects were on board a white Transformer multicab when P112,000 worth of suspected shabu and unlicensed firearm were seized from them.
He said the suspects were supposed to enter Davao City from Digos City when busted.
The couple yielded two jumbo sachets of shabu weighing around eight grams worth P212,000 and a P200,000 cash, a Caliber .22 rifle and .45 caliber pistol.
Task Force Davao commander Col. Darren Comia lauded the collaboration of the AFP and PNP in conducting checkpoint operations as it consistently filtered unwelcome elements in the city.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls