UNDEFEATED Charly “King’s Warrior” Suarez of San Isidro, Davao del Norte will fight again this time against southpaw Lorence Rosas of Puerto Princesa, Palawan on Sept. 4 at the Urdaneta Cultural Sports Complex, Urdaneta City.
The 33-year-old Suarez wants another win to get a possible crack at the title.
“Di ko poiniisip ang pabagsakin po siya, gawin ko lang po ang best sa laban po na Manalo (I’m not thinking ofoverthrowing him, I’ll just do my best to win the fight)”, said Suarez (7W-0L,5KOs).
Suarez has won three fights already this year.
He first scored a unanimous decision against Jon Jon Estrada of Pasay City at Paniqui last Feb. 13.
Suarez then stopped Pablito Canada of Zamboanga last May 1 in Urdaneta, He then beat by a UD Eduardo “The Nightmare” Mancito of Jose Abad Santos last July 3 in Urdaneta.
Rosas (9W-5L-2D, 3KOs), on the other hand, recently lost to Mark Anthony Geraldo of Bukidnon for the battle against Philippine super bantamweight title last Sept. 20, 2019 in Mandaluyong.
Rosas did not fight last year.
Meanwhile, featherweight Lorenz “Cerberus” Ladrada (10W-1L-1D, 3KOs) of Cagayan de Oro will take on Gary “The Hawk” Tamayo (4W-1L-0D, 3KOs) of Samar in the supporting bout.
The other fights: Arnel Baconaje vs. Danny Tampipi; Roy Sumugat vs. Glenn Bismanos; Jules Victoriano vs. John Lawrence; Jon Jon Estrada vs Pablito Canada; Remon Basas vs. Marklin Itim; Ali Caneda vs. Richarda Morales; Jover Amistoso vs. Kenneth Lloves; Jonniel Laurente vs. Fernando Tagpuno Jr.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF