A RIFLE, improvised hand grenade, and assorted belongings owned by the New People’s Army (NPA) were seized by the soldiers of the 72nd and 3rd Infantry Battalion after a clash with the rebels at Purok 10, Barangay Kiburiao, Quezon, Bukidnon on Aug. 26.
2Lt. Ailene Marieh Loria, the civil-military operations officer of the 72nd IB, said soldiers also seized R4 rifle; 128 round – 5.56 cal ammo; improvised hand grenade; three blasting caps; two IED switching device; binoculars; three cauldrons; casserole; two backpacks; and syringes.
Further seized were intravenous set; intravenous fluid; four lubricating jelly sachets; three scissors; eight poncho tents; nine fish hooks; assorted medicine; assorted food items; assorted hygiene Items; and assorted personal belongings.
According to Loria, more or less seven rebels, believed to be members of Guerilla Front 57, Sub Regional Committee (SRC) 3 Secretary Ruel Villanueva of Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
In a statement, 72IB called on the remaining members of the communist terrorist group to surrender peacefully, embrace the peace initiatives of the government thru the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) and live together with their families and loved ones.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success