A RIFLE, improvised hand grenade, and assorted belongings owned by the New People’s Army (NPA) were seized by the soldiers of the 72nd and 3rd Infantry Battalion after a clash with the rebels at Purok 10, Barangay Kiburiao, Quezon, Bukidnon on Aug. 26.
2Lt. Ailene Marieh Loria, the civil-military operations officer of the 72nd IB, said soldiers also seized R4 rifle; 128 round – 5.56 cal ammo; improvised hand grenade; three blasting caps; two IED switching device; binoculars; three cauldrons; casserole; two backpacks; and syringes.
Further seized were intravenous set; intravenous fluid; four lubricating jelly sachets; three scissors; eight poncho tents; nine fish hooks; assorted medicine; assorted food items; assorted hygiene Items; and assorted personal belongings.
According to Loria, more or less seven rebels, believed to be members of Guerilla Front 57, Sub Regional Committee (SRC) 3 Secretary Ruel Villanueva of Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
In a statement, 72IB called on the remaining members of the communist terrorist group to surrender peacefully, embrace the peace initiatives of the government thru the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) and live together with their families and loved ones.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls