MAMBAJAO, Camiguin (PIA)–The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)-10 through Camiguin Provincial Field Office (Cam PFO) OIC-Chief Arlyn Z. Bael turned over the individual livelihood projects to the 31 parents of child laborers, August 19.
Bael said Cam PFO personally turned over two piglets and four half-sacked feeds to two out of 31 beneficiaries of Barangay Cabuan, Guinsiliban Municipality, amounting to P13,850 per beneficiary on their hog raising project. Safety and health protocols in the prevention of spread of COVID-19 virus were strictly observed.
Gabriel Jadman, 54, one of the beneficiares said, “Dako akong pasalamat sa DOLE kay nahatagan ko ug dugang na pagkakitaan gawas sa akong pagpangisda. Dako kaayo ni nga tabang sa akong walo ka anak labina karon panahon sa pandemya (I am very grateful to DOLE for giving me additional income/livelihood aside from fishing. This is a big help, especially to my eight children in this time of pandemic).”
Likewise, Jerry Jadma, another hog raising project beneficiary and a fisherman said, “Mapasalamaton ko sa DOLE kay isa ko sa nakadawat sa livelihood project, makahatag kini ug dugang income sa among pamilya ug akong lima ka anak. Ako gyud ning ipalambo ang gitugyan sa akoa (I am thankful to DOLE for having received this livelihood project as additional income to my family and five children. I will really make sure this project will grow).”
Bael encouraged the beneficiaries to ensure the growth and sustainability of the projects so that a larger number of people would benefit from them. Moreover, she emphasized the beneficiaries’ corresponding responsibilities and accountabilities relied the success of the projects.
“Alagaan nato ang gihatag sa gobyerno aron kini makatabang sa pagpadayon sa panginabuhi ug makatabang sa pagpa-eskwela sa mga kabataan (Take good care of the livelihood projects the government has given you to promote employment and so you can send your children to school),” Bael said.
The livelihood assistance is provided thru the Kabuhayan Para sa mga Magulang ng Batang Manggagawa (KASAMA) Livelihood Project for Families of Child Laborers.
KASAMA is a project of DOLE, which contributes to the prevention and elimination of child labor by providing families of child laborers access to decent livelihood opportunities for enhanced income. (DOLE-Camiguin/PIA-10/Camiguin)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success