MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday said the celebration of Kadayawan Festival would inspire his fellow Davaoeños to value the “extraordinary” progress in Davao City.
In his message, Duterte hoped that Davao City residents have a “happy and meaningful” celebration of the festival which “showcases the rich cultural heritage and the solidarity that our city has forged through the years.”
“My warmest greetings to the people of Davao City on the occasion of the Kadayawan Festival,” Duterte said. “As you gather for this year’s festivities, I ask everyone to be grateful for all the blessings and to treasure the extraordinary progress that has propelled our city to what it is today.”
Duterte also enjoined his fellow Davaoeños to stay proud of their history and traditions “so that we may truly understand, appreciate and value our identity as a people”.
He also urged them to remain united to further boost the economic activities in Davao City.
“May this occasion also strengthen our kinship with each other as we work together in spurring the growth of our industries and our local economy,” Duterte said.
The annual Kadayawan Festival began on Friday, a special non-working holiday in Davao City, and will end on Sunday.
All activities can be viewed online via Davao City’s official Facebook page.
The festival is structured as a “celebration of life, thanksgiving for the gifts of nature, the wealth of culture, the bounties of harvest, and serenity of living.”
Davaoeños are allowed to celebrate the Kadayawan Festival, so long as health protocols are observed, according to Proclamation 1108 signed by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea on Feb. 26.
“It is fitting and proper that the people of the City of Davao be given full opportunity to celebrate and participate in the occasion with appropriate ceremonies, subject to community quarantine, social distancing and other public health measures,” the proclamation read. (PNA)/File Photo/Kadayawan Festival (Facebook)
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls