IF someone says that the bathroom is the most important room in the house, would you agree? Give it a second though, it might get you nodding.
The bathroom is where one starts and ends the day, and an escape zone when seeking solitude, or a good hiding spot. Believe it or not, the shower is where inspiration can strike and the perfect area to decompress. How much time do you use this room daily?
In designing homes, the bathroom, does not get a s much attention, which shouldn’t be the case. It is one of the most used rooms in any home. Did you know that house guests can judge you by how this room looks?
“The golden rules of bathroom design lists proper ventilation, ample natural light coupled with good mood lighting, and attention to details. When we say details it means all appointments must be cohesive, it should have a theme and space conscious. Then the rest will fall into place— the color, tile layout, fixtures and the right cabinetry,” said Honeylet Lim, manager of Merlgen Euro Designs.
Cabinetry plays an important role in the success of bathroom design. Here are some Merlgen tips that can help you achieve a dreamy bathroom.
- Maximize storage space. A good cabinet appointment can maximize a given space, no matter the size. It is essential to know what you need to store and come up with a well-planned storage solution. Spaces behind the wall mirror, below the lavatory and above fixtures can be utilized. Appoint which spaces will store your necessities. A clutter-free space will create a calm space.
- Function over form: choose the right cabinet size. It should be proportional to the overall space. Know your essentials and and create a storage enough for these to be easily accessible. You bathroom needs to have the aura of spaciousness no matter how small. You don’t want to be bumping into anything when moving around the bathroom.
- The right color will make or break your total look. Remember that you’re working on a theme. A sleek grey tone will look great in a modern bathroom, or go bold with black and white contrast; dark wood finish will complement mid-century and vintage looks; a pale tone of wood finish will make a shabby chic goal successful;, and white gloss cabinets in a white bathroom will look heavenly!
Ultimately, a bathroom should be a calm and relaxing space. It should be comfortable with ample space to move about. It should be functional. But don’t forget that you can achieve beauty with function.
For your bathroom designs and cabinetry, the in-house designers of Merlgen Euro Designs can help you achieve a new look or upgrade your current bathroom.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art