MAYOR Sara Duterte on Friday encouraged the members of the 11 tribes in the city to
continue working for the preservation of their respective cultures as she led the opening of the annual Kadayawan sa Dabaw.
Duterte joined the 11 deputy mayors as representatives of their respective tribes as they simultaneously banged the gongs to signal the start of the celebration which, for the second consecutive year, was done digitally because of the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It is only fitting that we continue to honor the wealth of our culture and recognize the numerous contribution of our people for generations from the comforts of home,” she said she also urged the people to continue educating themselves on the cultural roots of the city.
Kadayawan sa Dabaw is the only cultural festival in the city as it celebrates the bountiful harvest as well as highlights the cultures of the tribes.
All done online, the celebration during the last three days featured music and cultural dances as well as food of the tribes.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled