DAVAO CITY (MindaNews) — The city government here aims to vaccinate at least 15,000 residents daily from the average of 10,000 daily to reach achieve population protection before the year ends.
Davao City accounts for the highest number of cases among Mindanao’s 27 provinces and 33 cities. It also has the highest population as of the 2020 census, at 1,776,949.
As of August 17, a total of 303,282 have been fully vaccinated. This represents 17.1% of the city’s population. The city government is targeting to vaccinate 1.2 million residents to achieve herd immunity. The fully vaccinated residents account for 25.3% while 465,391 residents received their first dose.
Dr. Michelle Schlosser, focal person for Davao City COVID-19 Task Force, told Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR 87.5) that Mayor Sara Duterte is aiming to ramp up the vaccination drive, targeting to inoculate at least 15,000 individuals daily from the average of 10,000 daily.
She added that the mobile vaccination rollout initiated by the councilors would help attain the target, as they can bring immunization programs to the members of the priority list A2 or senior citizens and A3 or persons with comorbidities.
“Instead of them going to the vaccine sites, the councilors will bring the vaccines to their communities,” she said.
DOH-Davao reported 749 new cases of COVID-19 in the region on Friday, bringing total cases to 62,248, with 8,596 active cases, 51,637 recoveries, and 2,015 deaths. Of this total, Davao City logged 34,333, Davao de Oro with 4,545, Davao del Norte with 11,543, Davao del Sur with 5,664, Davao Occidental with 1,639, and Davao Oriental with 4,524. (Antonio L. Colina IV / MindaNews)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success