THE country’s six Paralympians will be feted tomorrow in a virtual send-off ceremony arranged by the Philippine Sports Commission.
It will be streamed on the agency’s Facebook page at 6 pm, Thursday, three days before the delegation leaves for Tokyo, Japan.
President Rodrigo Duterte himself will deliver his message of support to our para-athletes. PSC Chairman Butch Ramirez, in interviews, have expressed the PSC Board’s support to the six athletes encouraging them to “enjoy the experience and have fun” in their Paralympics campaign.
Senator Bong Go, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Sports and Congressman Mike Dy, Chairman of the Congress Committee on Youth and Sports along with the Philippine Paralympic Committee President Mike Barredo shall also be giving their well wishes in the same event.
The Philippines is set to compete in 6 sports including events in Athletics which will be covered by wheelchair athlete Jerrold Mangliwan and para discus thrower Jeanette Aceveda. Ernie Gawilan and Gary Bejino are set to compete in Swimming events while Achelle Guion (para powerlifting) and Allain Ganapin (para taekwondo) are set to compete in their respective sports.
Mangliwan is set to be the flag bearer in the opening ceremony and Gawilan will do it for the closing. They will be joined by chef de mission Francis Carlos Diaz with their coaches throughout the event.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1