THE country’s six Paralympians will be feted tomorrow in a virtual send-off ceremony arranged by the Philippine Sports Commission.
It will be streamed on the agency’s Facebook page at 6 pm, Thursday, three days before the delegation leaves for Tokyo, Japan.
President Rodrigo Duterte himself will deliver his message of support to our para-athletes. PSC Chairman Butch Ramirez, in interviews, have expressed the PSC Board’s support to the six athletes encouraging them to “enjoy the experience and have fun” in their Paralympics campaign.
Senator Bong Go, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Sports and Congressman Mike Dy, Chairman of the Congress Committee on Youth and Sports along with the Philippine Paralympic Committee President Mike Barredo shall also be giving their well wishes in the same event.
The Philippines is set to compete in 6 sports including events in Athletics which will be covered by wheelchair athlete Jerrold Mangliwan and para discus thrower Jeanette Aceveda. Ernie Gawilan and Gary Bejino are set to compete in Swimming events while Achelle Guion (para powerlifting) and Allain Ganapin (para taekwondo) are set to compete in their respective sports.
Mangliwan is set to be the flag bearer in the opening ceremony and Gawilan will do it for the closing. They will be joined by chef de mission Francis Carlos Diaz with their coaches throughout the event.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success