THE CITY remains under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions classification until the end of the month.
The extension of the classification was the result of the approval of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases for the new classification.
On Monday, Mayor Sara Duterte even expressed her fear on the possibility of another surge in COVID-19 cases especially with the discovery of the Delta variant cases.
In explaining her fear, Duterte said that based on the two cycles of surges in cases, the city always followed the National Capital Region and Cebu. In the last two cycles, she said, after surges in those two areas started to slow down, the city started to experience its own surge.
The latest classification started in July when the mayor urged the national government to consider easing it after health experts monitored the lowering down of the daily average cases.
At present, the city government is intensifying both its surveillance of cases as well as the vaccination program.
Among the steps that it has undertaken is the integration of the vaccination scheduler into to the Safe Davao Quick Response Code system to make it easy for residents to plan their vaccination schedule.
Lemuel Ortonio, City Human Resources Management Office head, said on Wednesday that the scheduler component of the QR Code system started to function on Saturday, although the identified sites were still limited as at present it can only be used to schedule vaccination in the Magallanes Elementary School, the F.S. Dizon Elementary School, Gaisano Mall of Davao, and the Davao City National High School.
Ortonio said the system will soon add more sites to ensure that the residents are served.
“Eventually, magkahinay-hinay ta noh nga idungag nato ang mga ubang vaccination sites until such time na makumpleto na nato tanang vaccination sites where our citizens may be able to register para sa ilahang vaccination,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success