MANNY PACQUIAO will take on Cuba’s Yordenis Ugas after Errol Spence Jr. was forced to pull out by a retinal tear.
This was announced by Pacquiao’s promoter Premier Boxing Champions after the mandatory pre-fight medical exam by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The eight-division world champion will take on Ugas who is a bronze medalist from Cuba back in the 2008 Olympics and is the current WBA welterweight champion after being elevated when Pacquiao was stripped of the title in which he won over Keith Thurman.
Ugas sports a 24 win, four loss and 12 victories via knockout when he comes to the ring with the Filipino boxing legend on August 21. (August 22, Manila time).
Filipino fighter Mark Magsayo of Tagbilaran City, Bohol will be featured in the undercards when he takes on Julioi Ceja for the WBC-ABC featherweight title.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?