MANNY PACQUIAO will take on Cuba’s Yordenis Ugas after Errol Spence Jr. was forced to pull out by a retinal tear.
This was announced by Pacquiao’s promoter Premier Boxing Champions after the mandatory pre-fight medical exam by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The eight-division world champion will take on Ugas who is a bronze medalist from Cuba back in the 2008 Olympics and is the current WBA welterweight champion after being elevated when Pacquiao was stripped of the title in which he won over Keith Thurman.
Ugas sports a 24 win, four loss and 12 victories via knockout when he comes to the ring with the Filipino boxing legend on August 21. (August 22, Manila time).
Filipino fighter Mark Magsayo of Tagbilaran City, Bohol will be featured in the undercards when he takes on Julioi Ceja for the WBC-ABC featherweight title.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1