THE use of schools will help the city government fast-track its vaccination program, said Mayor Sara Duterte Monday.
Duterte, during her weekly program over the Davao City Disaster Radio, confirmed that she has requested the Department of Education to allow the city government to use more schools as venues for the vaccination program.
“Bag-o lang ta nagsulat sa atong Department of Education naghangyo kung pwede ta mugamit ug eskwelahan as vaccination sites, sa makita nako ang sistema dati samot ta madugay kung hulaton nato ang second dose bag-o ta magsugod ug first dose, so dapat magdungan ang first dose and second dose sa vaccination sites,” she said.
This developed as the city government reported that as of Sunday, it was able to inoculate
402,158 Dabawenyos with the first dose of anti-COVID-19 vaccines as of August 8, 2021, and aims to cover more with the continued vaccination drives by both government health teams and sectoral organizations.
It reported that on Sunday, it achieved the highest number of first doses given at 14,000 for the day.
The mayor said the city government has partnered with other sectors to ensure that more people get inoculated. “We ask organized groups of people to look for their A1-A5, and they conduct sectoral vaccination, as you saw in the social media, Bakuna by the sea was conducted. That is not a city-run vaccination site, the city only supervised and they run the vaccination site,” she added.
The city government said that members of the poor villages in Los Amigos are set to get inoculated even as it urged other priority groups like the elderly and those with co-morbidities to get shots against the virus.
The mayor urged other groups to join in the campaign as the target is for the city to vaccinate 1.2 million of its residents by November.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1