THE use of schools will help the city government fast-track its vaccination program, said Mayor Sara Duterte Monday.
Duterte, during her weekly program over the Davao City Disaster Radio, confirmed that she has requested the Department of Education to allow the city government to use more schools as venues for the vaccination program.
“Bag-o lang ta nagsulat sa atong Department of Education naghangyo kung pwede ta mugamit ug eskwelahan as vaccination sites, sa makita nako ang sistema dati samot ta madugay kung hulaton nato ang second dose bag-o ta magsugod ug first dose, so dapat magdungan ang first dose and second dose sa vaccination sites,” she said.
This developed as the city government reported that as of Sunday, it was able to inoculate
402,158 Dabawenyos with the first dose of anti-COVID-19 vaccines as of August 8, 2021, and aims to cover more with the continued vaccination drives by both government health teams and sectoral organizations.
It reported that on Sunday, it achieved the highest number of first doses given at 14,000 for the day.
The mayor said the city government has partnered with other sectors to ensure that more people get inoculated. “We ask organized groups of people to look for their A1-A5, and they conduct sectoral vaccination, as you saw in the social media, Bakuna by the sea was conducted. That is not a city-run vaccination site, the city only supervised and they run the vaccination site,” she added.
The city government said that members of the poor villages in Los Amigos are set to get inoculated even as it urged other priority groups like the elderly and those with co-morbidities to get shots against the virus.
The mayor urged other groups to join in the campaign as the target is for the city to vaccinate 1.2 million of its residents by November.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success