TOKYO — Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) Chairman William Ramirez thanked officials and staff of the sports agency for their enormous support to the country’s campaign in the Tokyo Olympics.
“As the country basks in the glory and joy of our first Olympic gold, allow me to take this moment to congratulate each one of you,” Ramirez said in his July 30 letter addressed to PSC officials and employees. “You are as much part of this success as anybody else.”
Ramirez flew back home via a Philippine Airlines flight on Saturday to attend to pressing PSC matters, primarily on the agency’s budget for 2022.
Hidilyn Diaz finally won the country’s first Olympic gold medal in women’s -55 kgs of weightlifting.
“While we all recognize the immense assistance of our partners in the Executive Office, the Congress, the Senate, other government agencies, and the private sector, as well as the place of our past chairmen and officials,” Ramirez said, “your contribution as an employee of the PSC, serving our public and client groups in your different capacities, are significant drops in this great cup of athletic victory.”
“We are now all witnessing the fruits of our labor from the time of our small agency’s inception in 1990 to the present, 31 years of service now brought us this exhilarating moment and onward march top sporting history.”
Ramirez added: “I pray that gives you more inspiration to continue the good work you have started in sports—for our athletes, for the country.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1