NESTHY PETECIO of Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur moved to the gold medal round after beating Italy’s Testa Irma in women’s featherweight (54-57kg) semifinals, Saturday at the Kokugikan Arena of the ongoing 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Petecio became the first Filipina boxer to fight in an Olympic gold medal match after she rallied for a thrilling 4-1 split decision over the much-taller Testa.
Prior to Irma, Petecio bested Columbia’s Yeni Marcela Arias Castaneda via unanimous decision for a semifinals slot assuring a bronze.
On the other hand, Bukidnon-born Carlo Paalam who grew up in Balingoan, Misamis Oriental outboxed Algeria’s Flissi Mohamed in the men’s flyweight (48-52kg) quarterfinals. He moves on to the semifinal round.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success