PRESIDENT Rodrigo Roa Duterte has extended the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions classification of the city until the middle of next month.
The President made the approval based on the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases which concluded the need that residents follow the guidelines of essential movement without hampering the economy.
Under this classification, which started in the middle of July, children whose ages are below 5 are not allowed to go out of their homes.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque also said that Iloilo Province and Iloilo City, Cagayan de Oro City and Gingoog City remain under Enhanced Community Quarantine until August 7, National Capital Region is also under GCQ with heightened restriction until August 15.
Those placed Under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) classification until August 15 include Ilocos Norte in Region 1; Bataan in Region 3; and Lapu-Lapu City and Mandaue City in Region 7.
Also placed under GCQ with heightened restrictions until August 15 include Ilocos Sur in Region 1; Cagayan in Region 2; Bulacan in Region 3; Laguna, Lucena City, Cavite and Rizal in Region 4-A; Naga City in Region 5; Antique, Aklan, Bacolod City and Capiz in Region 6; Negros Oriental in Region 7; Zamboanga del Sur in Region 9; Misamis Oriental in Region 10; Davao City, Davao del Norte, Davao de Oro and Davao Occidental in Region 11; and Butuan City in CARAGA.
Those under GCQ are Baguio City and Apayao in the Cordillera Administrative Region; City of Santiago, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino in Region 2; Quezon and Batangas in Region 4-A; Puerto Princesa in Region 4-B; Guimaras and Negros Occidental in Region 6; Zamboanga Sibugay, City of Zamboanga and Zamboanga del Norte in Region 9; Davao Oriental and Davao del Sur in Region 11; General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, North Cotabato and South Cotabato in Region 12; Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands and Surigao del Sur in CARAGA and Cotabato City in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
All other areas are placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) classification for the entire August.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success