The 24-year-old Southeast Asian Games silver medalist clocked in at 2:12.23 in Heat 3. She finished last but still squeezed into the semifinals scheduled for Wednesday.
Rule failed to qualify for the semifinals of the women’s 100-meter butterfly.
Luke Gebbie, meanwhile, failed in his bid in the men’s 100-meter freestyle. His effort did not go for naught, however.
Gebbie finished with a time of 49.64 seconds and ranked just 35th out of 71 swimmers, but came away with a new Philippine record.
Only the top 16 qualify for the semifinals.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange