The 24-year-old Southeast Asian Games silver medalist clocked in at 2:12.23 in Heat 3. She finished last but still squeezed into the semifinals scheduled for Wednesday.
Rule failed to qualify for the semifinals of the women’s 100-meter butterfly.
Luke Gebbie, meanwhile, failed in his bid in the men’s 100-meter freestyle. His effort did not go for naught, however.
Gebbie finished with a time of 49.64 seconds and ranked just 35th out of 71 swimmers, but came away with a new Philippine record.
Only the top 16 qualify for the semifinals.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB