NESTY PETECIO Petecio marched onto the semifinal round after beating Columbia’s Yeni Marcela Arias Castaneda in the women’s featherweight quarterfinals (54-57kg) via unanimous decision at the Kokugikan Arena of the ongoing Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
The Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur native got all of the judges nod after landing crispy punch in their three-round scrappy bout to earn a slot at the medal round. She only needs two more wins for the elusive boxing gold in which the country had only back in 1996 from Mansueto “Onyok” Velasco.
On Thursday, another Philippine boxing bet Eumir Felix Marcial debuts against Younes Nemouchi of Algeria in the 69-76kg division at 10:48 a.m. (Philippine time), while Irish Magno, fresh off her 5-0 demolition of Kenyan Christine Ongare, in the 48-51kg, takes on Thailand’s Jutamas Jitpong next at 12:24 p.m. (Philippine time). Carlo Paalam, after posting a 4-1 win over Ireland’s Brendan Irvine, fights Algeria’s Mohamed Flissi on Saturday at 10:48 a.m. (Philippine time).
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange