MANILA, Philippines – As more consumers shop online for everything, from food delivery to groceries and entertainment, they expect more flexibility, convenience, and greater control on their online spending. Recognizing these emerging needs, American Express and BDO are launching the BDO American Express Virtual Card.
Linked to the Cardmember’s primary Card, the Virtual Card comes with its own credit card number and offers adjustable credit limit, which gives greater control over online spending and offers an additional layer of account information security. At the same time, Cardmembers will continue to enjoy the same benefits on their primary card when they use the new Virtual Card to shop online.
Nannette R. Regala, BDO Senior Vice President and Consumer Banking-Marketing Head. “With the BDO American Express Virtual Card, we are offering our Cardmembers a product that addresses their reservations about online credit card payments and gives them the assurance they can shop online confidently.”
Leveraging the exponential growth of eCommerce, the BDO American Express Virtual Card is a timely addition to the diverse range of card products offered by BDO and American Express.
Mr. Sanjiv Malhotra, Vice President and General Manager, Global Network Services, South East Asia and South Pacific, American Express, said, “Backed by American Express advanced fraud protection methods, our cards are secure. That said, we understand some customers feel more comfortable using separate credit card numbers for their online transactions. We are always looking to expand and improve our products and services to support the evolving payment needs of our customers – and the Virtual Card does just that.”
BDO American Express Cardmembers may apply for a Virtual Card, FREE of charge. With the BDO American Express Virtual Card, Cardmembers can take advantage of the following features:
- Feel more secure while shopping online
- Set a credit limit according to online purchasing needs
- Easily track online transactions
- Earn Rewards Points for every transaction with the same spend-to-point value as the primary credit card
To learn more about the BDO American Express Virtual Card, visit americanexpress.com.ph.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success