THE Philippine Sports Commission will be awarding a gold Medal of Valor to Hidilyn Diaz for winning an Olympic gold.
According to Republic Act 10699 or the expanded incentives act, the winner of an Olympic and Paralympic gold will receive the said medal on top of the monetary incentive of P10 and P5 million respectively.The PSC has already prepared the said medal accordingly and is looking into awarding it alongside the monetary incentives, usually given out by the President himself, in a courtesy call in Malacanang.
This is a long-time provision of the law which the country never had the chance to follow, but is now set to be implemented for the first time with Diaz’s historic and record-breaking victory. The design is still under wraps, but will be give honor to both sports and the nation’s symbols.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence