THE LOCAL government has started serving indigent residents of Bunawan District and its nearby areas through the satellite office of Lingap Para sa Mahirap.
“We were able to cater two clients yesterday, one pregnant, and one elderly”, said Vincent Larisan, the officer-in-charge of the Lingap Office during the opening of the satellite office Thursday.
Larisan said that the opening of the Lingap satellite office in Bunawan is a welcome development to decongest the Malasakit Center at Southern Philippines Medical Center. This is also made accessible for needy residents who at times do not have money to spend on transportation fares.
“Ang uban walay pampamasahe, ingon sa mga kagawad dako kini ug tabangi nila (Some of the -barangay councilors said some people cannot afford the fare and that this facility is really helpful),” Larisan said, adding that the satellite office can also serve for those from the second district.
Except for the assistance from the Office of the President, assistance to hospital bills, dialysis needs, medicine, and laboratory are made available in the satellite office.
“We expect 50-80 clients daily, including clients from Paquibato and Tibungco,” he said.
As safeguards against COVID-19 spread, the office imposes minimum health standards: wearing of the face shield, face mask, and the clients are not allowed to enter the facility. Clients will just drop the forms and they will return them later.
Lingap Bunawan is the third facility in the city dedicated to Lingap Para sa Mahirap clients. The first is the Malasakit Center in SPMC and the other the satellite office is located in Marilog that opened in May.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success