MINDANAO-based boxers Carlo Paalam and Nesthy Petecio of team Philippines outplayed separate opponent, Monday to advance to their respective rounds in the ongoing Tokyo 2020 Olympics played at the Kokugikan Arena, Tokyo.
Bukidnon-born Carlo Paalam who grew up in Balingoan, Misamis Oriental moved onto the Round of 16 after beating Irvine Bredan of Ireland via split decision in the Men’s flyweight (48-52kg). Two judges scored 30-27 for Paalam, the other two 29-28, and the remaining one 28-29.
He will next face fourth seed Mohamed Flissi of Algeria.
Nesthy Petecio of Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur won on a huge upset via split decision over top seed and Lin Yu-Thing of Chinese Taipei in the Women’s featherweight (54-57kg) Preliminaries Round of 16 to advance to the quarterfinals on a classic come from behind fashion.
On the other hand, Margielyn Didal finished seventh in the women’s street skateboarding finals at the Ariake Park. She scored 7.52 in the finals and was seventh among the eight who advance from the 20 preliminaries qualifier. Photo credit: olympics.com
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success