NESTHY Petecio won via unanimous decision, Saturday beating Marcelat Matshui Sakobi of Congo on her Tokyo Olympics debut played at the Kokugikan Arena, Tokyo.
Petecio got all five of the judges nod for hard and clear punches in all three rounds in the women’s featherweight class.
The win was crucial for Petecio who is one of the country’s hope of pinning the elusive gold medal.
Petecio moves up to the round-of-16.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls