NESTHY Petecio won via unanimous decision, Saturday beating Marcelat Matshui Sakobi of Congo on her Tokyo Olympics debut played at the Kokugikan Arena, Tokyo.
Petecio got all five of the judges nod for hard and clear punches in all three rounds in the women’s featherweight class.
The win was crucial for Petecio who is one of the country’s hope of pinning the elusive gold medal.
Petecio moves up to the round-of-16.
Share this post:
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence