NESTHY Petecio won via unanimous decision, Saturday beating Marcelat Matshui Sakobi of Congo on her Tokyo Olympics debut played at the Kokugikan Arena, Tokyo.
Petecio got all five of the judges nod for hard and clear punches in all three rounds in the women’s featherweight class.
The win was crucial for Petecio who is one of the country’s hope of pinning the elusive gold medal.
Petecio moves up to the round-of-16.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon