NESTHY Petecio won via unanimous decision, Saturday beating Marcelat Matshui Sakobi of Congo on her Tokyo Olympics debut played at the Kokugikan Arena, Tokyo.
Petecio got all five of the judges nod for hard and clear punches in all three rounds in the women’s featherweight class.
The win was crucial for Petecio who is one of the country’s hope of pinning the elusive gold medal.
Petecio moves up to the round-of-16.
Share this post:
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy