PHILIPPINE team rower Cris Nievarez advanced to the quarterfinals after reaching third place in Heat 5 of the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games regatta single sculls at the Sea Forest Waterway.
Nievarez, 21; clocked seven minutes and 22.97 seconds for third place behind Damir Martin of Croatia (7:09.17) and Alexander Vyazovkin of the Russian Olympic Committee (7:14.95) who landed first and second, respectively.
The quarterfinals will be held on Monday.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon