PHILIPPINE team rower Cris Nievarez advanced to the quarterfinals after reaching third place in Heat 5 of the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games regatta single sculls at the Sea Forest Waterway.
Nievarez, 21; clocked seven minutes and 22.97 seconds for third place behind Damir Martin of Croatia (7:09.17) and Alexander Vyazovkin of the Russian Olympic Committee (7:14.95) who landed first and second, respectively.
The quarterfinals will be held on Monday.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls