PAL will fly over 80 athletes and sports officials to Tokyo. PAL offers three weekly flights to Tokyo’s Haneda Airport and daily flights to Tokyo’s Narita Airport.
The international multi-sport event will be staged from July 23 to August 8, 2021.
PAL VP for Marketing Ria C. Domingo said, “It is a privilege for Philippine Airlines to be the official carrier of the Filipino men and women competing in this prestigious event. It is an honor to carry to the games the best and the brightest in Philippine sports. We look forward to be of service to an undertaking that fosters teamwork and sportsmanship.”
“Philippine Airlines has always been our flagbearer ever since it was founded. They continue to support us for becoming our partner in the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games. Our gratitude is overflowing for Philippine Airlines as they have been generous in providing all the necessary accommodation for the Philippine delegation. The Philippine Team looks forward to flying with PAL as we aim to bring home the glory and hopefully the gold,” POC President and Congressman Rep. Abraham “Bambol” Tolentino said.
Around 12,000 athletes are expected to participate in the games that will feature 339 events in 33 sports.
The international organizers retained the name Tokyo 2020 even though the Olympics are taking place in 2021. (PR)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon