Philippine Sports Commission Chairman Butch Ramirez is elated on this development saying that “our athletes deserve this additional show of support,” adding, “thank you President Duterte sa lagi niyong suporta sa ating mga atleta.”
The additional support was approved upon the recommendation of Senate Committee on Sports Chairman Senator Bong Go and the PSC.
This will be on top of the previously approved $1000 allowance given by the PSC.
Ramirez highlighted the support of the government in our Olympians preparation for the Olympics. The sports agency has spent over P2 Billion for foreign exposures, allowances, equipment, venues and supplies of the national team from 2016.
“We can see the sincere care of the President for our athletes, grassroots to elite ito. He is the only president who never missed any Palarong Pambansa, consistently recognized the achievements of our athletes by always inviting them to the Palace and sacrificed standing for three straight hours to award the incentives of our elite athletes,” explained the sports chief.
By virtue of RA 10699 or the expanded incentives act, an Olympic medalist stands to receive from the national government 10 million, 5 million and 2 million for a gold, silver or bronze finish respectively.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon