MARAWI CITY, Lanao del Sur (PIA) — A mayor of Lanao del Sur invites tourists to visit Kapatagan town and explore the various attractions of the municipality.
During the Network Briefing News hosted by Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Martin Andanar on Monday, July 19, Kapatagan mayor Raida Maglangit said the municipality has pristine white sand beaches which tourists can enjoy.
These beaches, she said, are located in the coastal barangays of the municipality and are popularly called by the locals as ‘little Boracay.”
Maglangit said tourists can also explore the town’s Barao Falls.
“Itong lugar namin ay peaceful po, wala pong problema sa peace and order. You can go around, safe naman po. Isa ito sa mga ipinagmamalaki ng Lanao del Sur na peaceful na lugar,” she said.
[Our place is peaceful, there is no problem with peace and order. You can go around, it’s safe. It is one of the peaceful places in Lanao del Sur.]
The mayor also shared that they are currently developing Mt. Cabugao as another tourist destination for adventure-seekers.
“Ito po mataas na lugar, pagnakaakyat ka po dito ay makikita mo ang Maguindanao at Lanao del Sur,” she added.
[This is a high place, when you go up there you will see Maguindanao and Lanao del Sur.]
For those who want to have a souvenir to bring back home, Maglangit said they are producing Inaul products. Inaul is a Meranaw weaving technique for making malong or wraparound skirts commonly worn by both genders. (APB/PIA-ICIC)
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB