THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) filed on Friday a murder case against six individuals allegedly involved in the killing of Barangay 9-A chairman Roderico Llubit.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, the DCPO head, identified the names of the suspects to times, including the primary gunman. But he asked that their identities be withheld for now until the prosecutor’s office resolves the case.
The gunman was only 21 years old while his alleged cohorts all belonged to one family, all residents of Muslim Village in San Rafael, Barangay 9-A.
Kraft, said a murder case with docket no. XI-02-Inv-21-G-5906 was filed on July 17 at the Office of the City Prosecutor through regular filing. They bolstered their case with the testimony of 11 witnesses.
Before the filing of the murder case, a case of grave threat was already filed at the prosecutor’s office through regular filing last July 3 against the four members of the family. According to the witnesses, they threatened Llubit several times during their dialogue on the land dispute in the Muslim compound of the said barangay.
Last May 21, Llubit was gunned down inside his house in Purok 10, Muslim Village at 7:45 p.m.
He was feeding his cat on the ground floor of his house when the gunman shot him twice in the face. The heavy rain outside muffled the gunshots.
”He moved to a Muslim village and his place was very isolated because he was surrounded by a banana plantation. His place can only be accessed by a one-way road,” he said “He moved there temporarily to be with the people.”
He said that not everyone was happy with his presence in the area, especially since his house was sitting on disputed land.
Kraft also said that the perpetrator did not even have a vehicle as he walked casually from the scene, which made them believe that he was very familiar with the area.
He said Llubit sustained two gunshots in his face and another one in his leg.
The city government has offered a P50,000 cash reward to those who can point to the identity of the gunmen. First District Rep. Paolo Duterte also offered P300,000 bounty to bring the killers to justice.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF