MORE THAN P600,000 worth of shabu were seized from a man passing through the Lasang checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro in Bunawan District at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 17.
He was identified as Archie Pitogo Silaga, 30, single, and a resident of Purok 13-B San Vicente, Butuan, Agusan del Norte.
According to the report, Silaga was on board a Honda Civic traveling toward Davao City when he was flagged down by the joint personnel of Task Force Davao and Bunawan police.
Intercepted from his possession were paraphernalia for dangerous drugs and a big sachet of suspected shabu weighing more or less 40 grams with an estimated street value of P640,000.
Col. Darren Comia, commander of Task Force Davao, lauded the alertness of the troops conducting the checkpoint.
“This is a testament of the strengthened and enhanced collaboration of the AFP and the PNP to ensure the safety and security of Davaoeños,” Comia said.
For now, the suspect is already under the custody of the Bunawan Police Station for the filing of the appropriate charge for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon