MORE THAN P600,000 worth of shabu were seized from a man passing through the Lasang checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro in Bunawan District at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 17.
He was identified as Archie Pitogo Silaga, 30, single, and a resident of Purok 13-B San Vicente, Butuan, Agusan del Norte.
According to the report, Silaga was on board a Honda Civic traveling toward Davao City when he was flagged down by the joint personnel of Task Force Davao and Bunawan police.
Intercepted from his possession were paraphernalia for dangerous drugs and a big sachet of suspected shabu weighing more or less 40 grams with an estimated street value of P640,000.
Col. Darren Comia, commander of Task Force Davao, lauded the alertness of the troops conducting the checkpoint.
“This is a testament of the strengthened and enhanced collaboration of the AFP and the PNP to ensure the safety and security of Davaoeños,” Comia said.
For now, the suspect is already under the custody of the Bunawan Police Station for the filing of the appropriate charge for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success