THE Department of Labor and Employment XI, through its Davao del Sur Field Office (DSFO) awarded two checks amounting to P54.6M to the Provincial Office of Davao del Sur for the implementation of DOLE Programs intended to 7,876 beneficiaries in the province on July 8, 2021.
DOLE XI OIC-Regional Director Atty. Randolf C. Pensoy led the turnover of P44,999,980.00 allocated for the 7,505 beneficiaries of Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/ Displaced Workers (TUPAD) in the province. Another check amounting to P9.7M was also turned over for the 371 beneficiaries of Government Internship Program.
These beneficiaries were greatly affected with the disrupted and sever economic impact of COVID-19 pandemic. The beneficiaries of TUPAD will be employed for a minimum period of 10 days, but not to exceed a maximum of 30 days, depending on the nature of work to be performed, while the beneficiaries of GIP will have a 3-month employment.
Present during the activity were Technical Services and Support Division (TSSD) Chief Paul V. Cruz, Senior Labor and Employment Officer Leo Ariel Pepino, and Livelihood Focal Mrs. Eizarina G. Delos Santos. The checks were received by Governor Marc Douglas IV Chan Cagas, Vice Governor John Tracy Cagas, Mayor Josef F. Cagas and Provincial PESO Manager Rolly M. Impas.
This initiative provides an opportunity to give short-term employment to the enlisted displaced beneficiaries who were immensely affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF