INVESTIGATORS were looking into the possibility that the couple was killed because the wife, a lawyer, was involved in land dispute cases.
“The initial investigation showed that one of the victims, lawyer Gilda Mahinay Sapie, was involved in several land disputes mostly lawyering for tenant squatters,” City Police Director Kirby John Kraft told TIMES.
Kraft said the initial conclusion was based on the statement of the relatives of the victims, lawyer Sittie Gina Mahinay-Sapie and husband Muhaimen Mohammad Sapie.
The lawyer, based on the police report, passed the bar in 2017 and was previously working at the Department of Agrarian Reforms where she was involved in land dispute cases.
Kraft added that the husband was also involved in a misrepresentation controversy when, during a traffic violation incident last month, he claimed he was a congressional representative of a partylist group.
Kraft said an employee of the couple also claimed that they were also ambushed in Bukidnon last year, although the incident has yet to be validated.
The initial police report said the couple came out of their house after their radio program when someone shot the wife. As the husband was trying to save her, he also was shot and they eventually died.
A vehicle immediately left the place after the incident.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success