THE final batch of sessions for the National Sports Summit 2021 starts on Wednesday with Dr. Pilar Elena Villanueva underscoring the importance of the Philippine Sports Commission’s Medical Scientific Athletes Service Unit for the national team and sports in general.
Villanueva, a medical consultant of the PSC, will discuss the services offered by MSAS, and how the unit actively partners with the national athletes and coaches in bringing an advanced sports science development in Philippine sports.
“We want our stakeholders to understand what we do and impart these services and learnings to them, especially in the field of sports science, as we near the end of the first phase of the Summit,” said PSC Chairman William Ramirez.
The sports agency chief also thanked the participants for the first phase of the Summit saying, “it has been a fun and fulfilling journey since the NSS started and successfully reached different sports educators, sports local executives and stakeholders.”
Before being a resource speaker for Session 21, Villanueva was also involved in the sports science programs of the Commission, from seminars about ‘First Aid in Sports’ and other topics that encouraged sports stakeholders to seek sports science and sports medicine, enough to ensure the expansion of grassroots sports.
She is one of the founding members of the Sports Nutrition Association of the Philippines (SNAP), a fellow at the Philippine Academy of Family Physicians, and a visiting consultant at the Mary Johnston Hospital Department of Family and Community Medicine and Healthway Medical.
Villanueva is also a school physician at the University of Santo Tomas (UST), has a residency in family medicine at the UST Hospital, and was part of the UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in 2005. (PR)
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment