UNDEFEATED Dave “Dobermann” Apolinario of Gen. Santos City and Charlie Malupangue of Zamboanga will fight for the vacant World Boxing Association Asia flyweight title against on July 16 at the Tabunok Sport Complex in Talisay City, Cebu.
It will be an 8-round 112 lbs. title-match.
“Ready na me, nasa quarantine pa me (I’m ready, I’m still in quarantine),” said Apolinario (14W-0L-9D, 9KOs).
“Nindot jud amung duwa ani (It will be a nice fight),” he added.
The 22-year-old Apolinario recently retired Bonjun Loperez of Davao City in the 4th round last Nov. 21, 2020 at Sanman Gym in Gensan.
Loperez was knocked down in Round 1 and did not answer the bell for Round 5.
Malupangue (9W-4L-3D, 6KOs), on the other hand, recently scored a unanimous decision against Powell Balaba last Aug. 31, 2019 in Tagbilaran City.
Malupangue, 28, however, lost by a knockout in the 5th round to ArAr Anadales for the vacant WBA Asia minimumweight title last Jan. 26, 2019 in Bacoor.
Promoter JC Manangquil is still in a quarantine at Madmangke Hotel for coming from United State because of another boxing fight.
“Three days pa ko quarantine,” said Manangquil, who is co-promoting with ZIP Company. (Lito delos Reyes)
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?