SOLDIERS of 38th Infantry Battalion seized 42 firearms in an operation in Maitum, Sarangani Thursday.
Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr., commander of Western Mindanao Command, said the soldiers were conducting operations in Barangays Batian and Zion were the seized the firearms, homemade shotguns.
Colonel Eduardo Gubat, 603rd Infantry Brigade commander, theorized that the firearms were from members of the “Militiang Bayan” under Platoon West, Guerilla Front Musa, Far South Mindanao Region of the New People’s Army.
“Our troops are currently conducting dialogue with the villagers so that they will not anymore be deceived,” Gubat said as the firearms were brought to the headquarters of the soldiers inKamanga, Maasim, Sarangani.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled