SOLDIERS of 38th Infantry Battalion seized 42 firearms in an operation in Maitum, Sarangani Thursday.
Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr., commander of Western Mindanao Command, said the soldiers were conducting operations in Barangays Batian and Zion were the seized the firearms, homemade shotguns.
Colonel Eduardo Gubat, 603rd Infantry Brigade commander, theorized that the firearms were from members of the “Militiang Bayan” under Platoon West, Guerilla Front Musa, Far South Mindanao Region of the New People’s Army.
“Our troops are currently conducting dialogue with the villagers so that they will not anymore be deceived,” Gubat said as the firearms were brought to the headquarters of the soldiers inKamanga, Maasim, Sarangani.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB