SOLDIERS of 38th Infantry Battalion seized 42 firearms in an operation in Maitum, Sarangani Thursday.
Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr., commander of Western Mindanao Command, said the soldiers were conducting operations in Barangays Batian and Zion were the seized the firearms, homemade shotguns.
Colonel Eduardo Gubat, 603rd Infantry Brigade commander, theorized that the firearms were from members of the “Militiang Bayan” under Platoon West, Guerilla Front Musa, Far South Mindanao Region of the New People’s Army.
“Our troops are currently conducting dialogue with the villagers so that they will not anymore be deceived,” Gubat said as the firearms were brought to the headquarters of the soldiers inKamanga, Maasim, Sarangani.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF