Gilas Pilipinas ended its campaign in the 2021 FIBA Olympic Qualifying tournament on a 67-94 loss next to Dominican Republic, Friday morning at the Aleksandar Nikolic Hall in Belgrade, Serbia.
The loss goes along with Gilas Pilipinas’ long dreamed Olympic stint.
Victor Liz and Gelvis Solano led Dominican Republic with 23 and 21 points, respectively marking a 26-10 third quarter run anchored by a 12-0 burst for a 65-51 lead and never looked back.
Dominican Republic moved to the semis with a 1-1 win-loss card in Group A next to Group B leader Italy.
Jordan Heading led Gilas Pilipinas with 16 points, Ange Kouame had 10 while Kai Sotto finished with eight points, in that order.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC