Gilas Pilipinas ended its campaign in the 2021 FIBA Olympic Qualifying tournament on a 67-94 loss next to Dominican Republic, Friday morning at the Aleksandar Nikolic Hall in Belgrade, Serbia.
The loss goes along with Gilas Pilipinas’ long dreamed Olympic stint.
Victor Liz and Gelvis Solano led Dominican Republic with 23 and 21 points, respectively marking a 26-10 third quarter run anchored by a 12-0 burst for a 65-51 lead and never looked back.
Dominican Republic moved to the semis with a 1-1 win-loss card in Group A next to Group B leader Italy.
Jordan Heading led Gilas Pilipinas with 16 points, Ange Kouame had 10 while Kai Sotto finished with eight points, in that order.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange